BHAAG BHAAG D.K. Bose
For almost a month, we kept announcing about Airtel Delhi Half Marathon (ADHM) on various groups, forums, social networks.
Announcement could not have been mistaken as an advertisement of ADHM as it was a clear message of using ADHM as a platform for only 1 thing i.e. AWAKE THE SLEEPING PUBLIC ABOUT THE GENDER BIAS IN INDIA ............. YES FOR ONCE, THE TRUTH, THE GENDER BIAS AGAIN MEN.
When we started at 9AM sharp on 30th September 2012, we passed the Entry gate of Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
The Timer struck 9AM when over 60,000 Delhites started running for the "Great Delhi Run" but we started running to wake all those who are suffering with Somnambulism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalking).
|Mobile click of the Start of the race and the Timing Watch|
|Mobile Click of the start of the race SHARP @ 9AM|
|Mobile Click of over 60,000 Delhites starting the race|
With our shoulder bags filled with 8 colorful banners displaying our message for Delhi, we started with intent to meet commandos at the 1KM Milestone (Sai Baba Temple).
A night before at 9:30 PM somewhere from Faridabad we got banners printed after a failed attempt for hand painted banners. So though with a preparation of over a month, we effectively got our banners printed during last 3 hours a day before.
What we wanted to print was:
|English Banner # 1|
|English Banner # 2|
|English Banner # 3|
|English Banner # 4|
|Hindi Banner # 1|
|Hindi Banner # 2|
|Hindi Banner # 3|
|Hindi Banner # 4|
So with the above in mind, and in bags, we reached the 1KM Milestone and thanks to more Commandos who were there to be part of the AWAKE INDIA DRIVE.
We started preparing with:
1. Distribution of Teams of 2 members each
2. Handing over lot of 2 banners, 1 English and 1 Hindi to be held back to back so that front and back both sets of Delhi runners could read it
3. Hindi and English banners to carry different messages so that one single group of commandos could show atleast 4 messages.
|Preparation and allotment of banners|
|Folding of lots per team|
|Team Work @ 1KM Milestone|
AND THEN THE AWAKENING BEGINS
Then we stopped towards the end and started showing the sleeping Delhites about the In-Justice.
But then, we thank all those who turned up and ran/walked shoulder to shoulder in this MEGA PUBLIC EVENT on North India.
1. We got over 60-70 individuals who came and talked to us.
2. We got lawyers coming and talking
3. We got Armed Forces personnel talking
4. We had corporates coming to us and talking
5. People clicked the photographs of banners
6. Men read banners loud for others to hear
7. Women agreed that misuse is rampant
8. People noted websites, contact numbers
9. People came and asked about our meetings venues
10. Girls said, "we are with you"
11. Delhi said, "what you are doing is the BEST cause and not a cause which is POLITICALLY correct"
12. Husbands running read the banners telling their wives, "let me know my rights too". We corrected them, "sorry sir, you are a man in India, YOU DONT HAVE ANY RIGHTS"
13. Lot of people wanted themselves to be clicked with these banners as a token of their support to the cause.
14. Over 20,000-30,000 people read the banners and acknowledged.
It was an outstanding event when we were able to cover over 40,000 Delhites (runners and by-standers) and made them aware that there are people who run for THEIR CAUSE as well.
Looking forward to greater participation next time and in ALL SUCH PUBLIC EVENTS.
Facebook updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/350905788329636/
Photos of the event: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106698705611811246009/albums/5795386587527011377